Contact Us Today

(312) 789-4606

  • Education provide opportunities for foreign nationals to come to the U.S. for educational purposes. 

    • F-1 Visas - (including Optional or Curricular Practical Training or On-/Off-Campus Employment) -University or college, High School, Private Elementary School, Seminary, Conservatory, Another Academic Institution, including language training program. 
    •  J-1 Visas for Foreign Students exchange visitors come to participate in an exchange visitor program administered by the U.S. Department of State. There are different programs within the J-1 category, including trainees, college or university students, secondary school students, professors and research scholars, short-term scholars, specialists, foreign medical graduates, international and government visitors, teachers, camp counselors, au pairs, and summer work / travel students.
    • J-2 Visas -Obtaining this type of visa depends on the specific exchange program being offered to the J-1 non-immigrant by a sponsor organizations. The exchange categories of au pair, camp counselor, secondary school student and summer work travel do not permit J-2 Visas. 
    • M-1 Visas-Vocational or other recognized nonacademic institution, other than a language training program.
    • Q-1 visa allows people to come to the U.S. to take part in an established international cultural exchange program. The program must be one that provides practical training, employment, and sharing of the participants' native culture, history, and traditions with the people of the United States.
  • Tourist and Business Visitor nonimmigrant visas are issued to tourists, such as temporary visitors for pleasure and business visitors that are engaging in commercial transactions in the U.S. but not employment, including:
    • B-1/B-2-Business Visitor Visas. Both B-1(Business Visitor) and B-2 (Visitor for Pleasure) visa are valid for one year and are renewable in six-month increments. It is noteworthy that neither B-1 nor B-2 visa holders may accept employment in the U.S., although an alien on a B-1 may do work for a foreign company located in the U.S. 
  • Visa Waiver- permits certain nonimmigrants from qualified countries to enter the U.S. for a maximum of 90 days without a visa from a U.S. embassy and generally can be neither extended nor changed to another non-immigrant category. As of August 2004, the members of the visa waiver program included: Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom.
  • Diplomatic Visas 
    • A-1/A-2 -Foreign Diplomatic Personnel and A-1/A-2 Dependents- A-1 status is reserved for foreign government officials or employees of those governments such as ambassadors, public ministers, career diplomats, consular officers or other high-level government officials. A-2 status is used for other officials or employees of foreign governments in lesser ranks. Dependents of foreign government officials and employees.
    • A-3 Visas- Attendants, servants or other personal employees of foreign government officials.
  • Other Nonimmigrant Visas - there are other miscellaneous categories, including aliens in transit, crewmen, representatives of international organizations, media representatives, religious workers, alien witnesses, victims of certain crimes, etc., for example: 
    • C-1, C-2 and C-3 Aliens in Transit- An individual in transit from one country to another ‘stopping over’ in the U.S.C-2 and C-3 Foreign Government Officials in Transit.
    • D-1/D-2 Alien Crewman- crewmen who are employed on a vessel or an aircraft who are in the U.S. on ‘stopovers’.
    • G-1, G-2,G-3,G-4 Representatives of International Organizations - an individual in the U.S. as a representative of an international organization and their dependents, e.g. United Nations.
    • G-5 Personal Employees of G- 1, G-2, G-3, or G-4 visa holders-an individual in the U.S. as a personal employee of a representative to an international organization.
    • R-1 Visas for Religious Workers- an individual in the U.S. as a member of a bona fide religious denomination carrying out the activities of a religious worker.
    • R-2 Dependents of R-1 Visa holders-an individual in the U.S. as the dependent of an R-1 visa holder.
    • S-5 and S-6 Aliens Assisting in Law Enforcement S-7 Dependents of these individuals - individuals in the U.S. to provide critical information to federal or state authorities essential to the success of a criminal investigation. Or, individuals in the U.S. to supply such critical information who might be in danger for supplying this information and who are eligible for a reward under State Dept. legislation.​

 Contact Us (312) 789-4606
Email us

If you are looking into the possibility of coming to the United States temporarily, Konsta Law Firm, LLC., can help you obtain your objectives.

Nonimmigrant Visas