Contact Us Today

(312) 789-4606

Sponsorship based on certain family relationships avoids limitations on the number of visas released each year under other categories, but the more remote a family link, the fewer visas that are available annually.

Konsta Law Firm, LLC., file petitions of citizenship and handle all aspects of United States naturalization. Our family immigration legal services such as:

  • Marriage Based Immigration Cases
    • Adjustment of Status to permanent resident (LPR) or to US Citizen  - the term “adjustment of status” refers to a green card application that is submitted from within the United States.  If your spouse is outside the U.S., he or she must “consular process” to obtain a green card or must enter with a fiancé(e) visa and then adjust status here.
  • Petitions for Alien Relatives - Spouses, children and parents of adult U.S. citizens qualify as immediate relatives. Under this category, a visa number is immediately available. Thus, there is no waiting list for beneficiaries of immediate relative petitions. Beneficiaries, however, will still have to wait for the petition and the subsequent immigrant visa application (or adjustment of status application if applying within the U.S.) to be processed, which takes a number of months.
    • First Preference -this category is for unmarried sons and daughters of U.S. citizens. It differs from the immediate relative category in that the beneficiaries are not children (i.e., they are at least 21 years old). 
    • Second Preference -this category is broken down into two separate categories: 
      • 2A - Spouses and children of U.S. permanent residents; and 
      • 2B - Unmarried sons and daughters of U.S. permanent residents. 
    • Third Preference – the Third Preference category is similar to the First Preference category. The only difference is that beneficiaries in the Third Preference category are married. Thus, it is for married sons and daughters of U.S. citizens. 
    • Fourth Preference -under this category, U.S. citizens who are at least 21 years of age may file petitions on behalf of their brothers and sisters. 
  • K-1 Fiancées Visas- are also available for foreign individuals intending to marry a U.S. Citizen and receive permission to travel to the U.S. for purposes of getting married. Once married, the foreign national must apply for permanent residence separate from the initial visa application.
  • K-3- allows the spouse of a U.S. citizen, who is waiting abroad for an immigrant visa, and the (K-4 Visa) spouse’s children to enter the United States as nonimmigrants, re-unite with their family here, and then apply for immigrant status while in the country.
  • Form I-601 Hardship Waivers - for grounds of inadmissibility including certain crimes, fraud or misrepresentation, and unlawful presence.
  • Form I-601 Provisional Waivers -inadmissibility for unlawful presence.
  • J Waivers- Waiver of the Exchange Visitor Two-Year Home-Country Physical Presence Requirement.
  • Removal of Conditions
    • Form I-212 applications for permission to reapply for admission to the United States for those who were previously removed (deported) from the United States.
  • Self-petitions for victims of domestic violence under the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA).
  • Parole-in-Place for spouses, children, and parents of United States military personnel.
  • Applications for Employment Authorization Documents, Advance Parole, Re-entry Permits, and other U.S. immigration benefits.
  • Responses to Requests for Evidence (RFPs and Notices of Intent to Deny for pending cases).
  • Interview Preparation.
  • Appeals to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, the Board of Immigration Appeals, Administrative Appeals Office, and other United States government agencies and bodies.
  • Green Cards​.
  • Visas for Permanent Legal Residents.

Family-Based Immigration is focused on helping families stay together and become legal citizens or residents of the United States. Whether you have been living or working in the United States legally or illegally, our firm can help you evaluate your options and reach your goals.  

Citizens and legal permanent residents (‘LPR’) can sponsor their family members for immigration visas or ‘green cards’. 

Family-Based Immigration

 Contact Us (312) 789-4606
Email us