Contact Us Today

(312) 789-4606

U.S. Citizenship is obtained either by birth, derivation or naturalization.

Konsta Law Firm, LLC., can assist in determining person’s eligibility for U.S. citizenship trough naturalization: 

  • Lawful Permanent Residents who have maintained their LPR status for five (5) years, have been physically present in the U.S. for at least half of that time, and have not been absent from the United States for a continuous period of six (6) months or more during the five-year period may apply for U.S. citizenship through a process known as naturalization.
  • Lawful Permanent Residents who are married to U.S. citizens may apply for U.S. citizenship after only three (3) years if they have continuously resided with their U.S. citizen spouse during the three-year period immediately preceding the filing of their application and have continued to reside with their U.S. citizen spouse through the date of naturalization.

Naturalization by birth or derivation can present complex situations. In such cases, we assess the merits and proof of the claim and/or we represent individuals seeking certificates of citizenship. 

  • Persons who are not born in the United States may also derive or acquire U.S. citizenship through their parents or grandparents.
  • Individuals who are born abroad to two U.S. citizen parents are automatically U.S. citizens. U.S. citizen parents of children born abroad should register the child’s birth with the U.S. consulate in the country where the child is born in order to obtain proof of the child’s U.S. citizenship.

Citizenship and Naturalization

 Contact Us (312) 789-4606
Email us